Answered By: Winifred King Last Updated: Jun 06, 2019 Views: 24
Almost all of the e-journals and databases that the library makes available through its web site have restrictions on use and access that are specified in the licensing agreements signed by the library and the respective publishers and vendors. Licenses vary from resource to resource but, in general, the following terms apply:
- Access to the electronic resources is limited to current students, faculty, staff and other authorized users.
- Access to some resources may be limited to on-campus use only.
- Users of these resources must abide by existing copyright legislation including fair use and library use.
- It is prohibited to systematically download or programmatically copy articles and other information obtained from electronic resources.
- It is prohibited to republish in print or electronic form.
- It is prohibited to alter, abridge, adapt or modify the licensed materials without permission.
- Articles may not be downloaded in aggregate quantities or centrally stored for later retrieval.
- Resources may not be used for commercial purposes, such as bulk reproduction or distribution.